Thread: lovely colour
View Single Post
Old 10th April 2021, 13:14   #9
mh007
This is my second home

MG ZT260 SE, MG ZT190+, MG ZTT 160, R75 Conn SE 2.0, R75 Conn SE 2.5 X 3, R75 Club SE 1.8, P5B Coupe

For anyone who may be interested in this one:

The seller has said he'll post more pictures up later of the front & rear & gave the reg number: MK02 WNV

Timing belts were done in 2008 (no indication of mileage but even due to the time passed, you'd want these checked at the very least!).

MOT'd until 6th april 2022.

The MOT history is a little colourful but nothing too serious.
It failed the MOT in March 2021, one of the items being the typical front to rear brake pipe.
It actually failed on the N/S pipe & advised on the O/S.
The N/S must have been replaced to pass but it was still advised on the O/S!
Who in their right mind only replaces the one pipe when they literally run side by side (until they split off at the rear of course)

I think the seller is genuine enough but I get the impression that the bare minimum has been done to get it through the MOT's, which then tends to make you question the service history.

There's no question that this is a lovely car although I think the starting bid may be a bit high at 2k (reserve not met).

If I was the buyer, I would change the other brake pipe & sort the other advisories out, change the belts etc for piece of mind & give a thorough service.

All this of course based on the car being a keeper.

Georgies Dad: Sorry for some duplication.....I read your post after typing this little lot out

Last edited by mh007; 10th April 2021 at 13:24..
mh007 is offline   Reply With Quote