View Single Post
Old 28th April 2009, 16:52   #4
ragitty
I really should get out more.......

Jeep Cherokee Orvis

Quote:
Originally Posted by supersnad View Post
As some of you guys know i'm looking to buy a Rover 75 and have had good feedback in the past from the forum which was much appreciated I'm ready to buy one now but have had nothing but negativity about the Rover 75 since i've told people that i'm going to buy a Rover.Stories i've heard including from a mechanic.
1 The old head gasket problem

2 Unable to get parts?

3 An AA man stating there good cars to sit in!

It's put me off a bit since hearing the above as i had my heart set on buying a Rover 75.
I'm 62 years old and travel about 15 miles a day to my work plus another 30 miles at the weekend (shopping etc) Probably 400 miles on holiday once a year and thats it.So the car is not really going to do what it was built for but this is my last chance at being able to afford a luxury car with a budget of up to £3000 cash to spend or less if possible (remember i'm Scottish!)
I hope to get some feedback from you guys with my dilemma as i'm swaying between to buy or not to buy,that is the question.
P.S. My son is an engineer to trade and has had a lot of experience in repairing cars from the smallest to the biggest problems so i wouldn't have to worry about labour costs on any car i own.
Perfect car for you is my Rover 75 just click this link.
http://cgi.ebay.co.uk/ws/eBayISAPI.d...m=180350755322