View Single Post
Old 24th October 2020, 11:01   #6
clf
This is my second home

MG ZT CDTi

Thanked 2,657 Times in 1,973 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mike Noc View Post
If it is coming from the back then could be one of the brake shoe holding pins has come adrift due to corrosion of the backplate.
If it coming from the front you may be lucky and find a stone caught between the disc and the brake shield - had that happen last year.
I had this a couple of months ago. I thought it was the spring and pin, got all the tools out, and new Ford fitting kit, but as I removed the disc, a stone dropped out, then a spring!

-----------------------------------

To the OP, I can imagine as mentioned, it will likely be the hold down pins on the back plate for the shoes (it is very common). You can 'repair' with a set of Ford hold down pins, springs and spring cups. The ZT/75 way of fitting, is for the pin to push towards the centre of the car, with the Ford kit, the pins push into the back plate from the middle of the car outwards. With the head of the pin holding against the hole of the backplate (it makes sense when you are looking at it).

I have had on a different car, the back plate break apart, and it fell into the rim of the wheel. Because of the shape of it, it lay in it, and made a grinding noise constantly. That was disturbing, but such a relief when I removed the wheel.

It is not gloss primer .............. it is duct tape silver!
clf is offline   Reply With Quote