View Single Post
Old 5th November 2020, 13:50   #8
WillyHeckaslike
This is my second home

Rovers 75 & 25

Thumbs up

Quote:
Originally Posted by wraymond View Post
Smart Meters ... So the need for the householder to lie prone across the hallway to screw their eyes up to read the numbers at floor level which some genius decided was the most convenient and accessible place to put it, in a place where every electrical cable in the house terminates, has no independent lighting, is about two foot square with a pair of step ladders and a Hoover and five coats hanging and has a master Off switch sticking out proud and waiting... So, ancient elbows and knobbly knees take a bashing. And the likelihood of clumsy Hoover users risking gas leaks when replacing tool in cupboard is ever present.
Ditto our gas meter. Installed by a contortionist to be read by one, of which I'm not. It was a big driving factor in my purchase of a modern smart mobile phone with a decent camera to ease the reading of the said meter. It is also invaluable when a dispute arises with a utility company, it is not so easy for it to pull your pants down when you can produce photographic evidence backed up by meta data.
WillyHeckaslike is offline   Reply With Quote