View Single Post
Old 5th January 2021, 19:51   #25
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by torque2me View Post
Somebody must have been going to Bournemouth. Never heard in any interview I have seen whereby the teaching unions have mentioned the importance of pupils being in the classroom.

o.k. for the binman to croak, after emptying the bin. o.k. for power station worker to keel over as long the green button was pressed etc., etc. There have been some teachers who have continued to work with key worker and disadvantaged children. I don't know if the teachers rotate or not but the issue here, as stated by the unions, is safety. What they choose to ignore is the huge numbers of people who are key and essential workers. I myself work in a facility which we have to work within two meters of each other. So, I have chanced my arm (as have NHS front-line staff) and ignored my own safety and wellbeing for the sake of the many who are sick.

Kev

The list of who should be first in line is never ending, these industries are what keeps the country going, electric, water, gas, telecommunications, food, waste, imports, oil, NHS, police, fire, motor, public transport, haulage/transport are just a few.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote