View Single Post
Old 6th January 2021, 14:23   #30
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
It is considerably easier to shield our elderly than attempt to prevent the transmission of the virus via our children, and the ramifications for future generations by our actions presently.

Both my sister and brother and law are employed as teachers, however employed at opposite ends of the scale so to speak.

My sister works in a private prep school for boys in an affluent area of Newcastle, and my brother in law in a state secondary school in a deprived area of North Tyneside.

The differences in the way the two systems operate are quite stark to say the least.

Finally my own experience of education in the olden days of black and white, consisted of quite a bit of corporal punishment, coupled with teachers spending a lot of time in a smokey staffroom and the stink of Banda ink and strike action by teachers, resulting in being taught in the home of one teacher who refused to come out on strike !!

Yes a lot of teachers were at the time ultra left wing, but not all

Brian
The above is what I was trying to point out in a much smaller post.

The elderly could have been shielded (instead of being inoculated first) providing the care home staff were vaccinated. It should have been debated more!

Cor, I wish my teachers took up strike action - being an avid cricket player. Think of the innings I could have completed.

As I have re-stated. I don't believe all teachers are left-wing but their unions certainly are (just as Len McClusky - my union top dog -is and I don't like a lot of what he spouts).

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote