Teflon
This is my second home

Lagoon 2.0 V6 75 Conn SE Saloon

Thanked 2,920 Times in 1,570 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bastelmann View Post
Hi Cliff,

I´ve got further questions.
How did you manage to remove the axle and its bearing marked in the picture? And how did you manage to make the mechanical parts so shiny? Are they freshly galvanised?
Interesting - your throttle body appears to be different to mine. On mine, the part you have arrowed has no axle or bearings, it's just a blank casting. If you look closely, you'll notice the screw holes on yours are blanked off on mine . Out of interest, what does that connect to on yours?

The mechanical parts were indeed re-plated, however I can't take credit for that - it was done by member "Sagalout".

Quote:
Is it possible to remove the two marked plastic parts without damaging them?
Honestly don't know, but I'm sure Sagalout will advise if you send a PM.

Quote:
And my annotation to your 98%-problem: I´m quite sure that a T4-session will resolve it. Haynes manual describes that this could be necessary after removing or swapping the throttle body.
Thanks, that's what I'm hoping. MarinaBrian has confirmed that Haynes is wrong when they state that this may also be necessary after disconnecting the battery, so they don't have a great track record in the throttle body department, but you never know .

Cheers,

Cliff

No. 4 of 6
Teflon is offline   Reply With Quote