Thread: Scam Alert !
View Single Post
Old 7th February 2021, 22:36   #10
bl52krz
This is my second home

Rover 75 cdt club + Rover 2.5 KV6 Conni SE

Thanked 2,262 Times in 1,729 Posts

I get e.mails, phone calls and texts all the while from scammers. How do I tell? Because I can. Call it a wide experience of people through out my 81 years. I have met face to face scammers and they all have one thing in common. Either they are trying to sell you something you don’t really want, but they are very plausible with their story. They are trying to sell you something that you want, but they don’t have it with them at the moment. They guarantee that it fully working. That, if it is jewellery it is hallmarked.I even have scams come from Italy. Easy to spot when you know what you are looking for. Perhaps I was brought up in a time /area where you learnt from your parents what was going on. Today I think that little nuance is missing for various reasons. Just remember, if you think it’s a scam, it more than likely is. They rely on catching you off guard, and the main thing, GREED of the person they approach. Something for nothing is what most people want, and they know it.If it’s to cheap, walk away or tell them to stick it. Learn from other people’s mistakes.