View Single Post
Old 6th December 2020, 20:20   #16
macafee2
This is my second home

Rover 75 Saloon & Tourer

Thanked 3,032 Times in 2,181 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jamiewelch View Post
I've found the opposite is normally true, that 9/10 MAFs are out of spec. I can only comment on what I have personally found. People who I have told have a faulty MAF and have replaced them with brand new Bosch ones have then had their power restored and the MAF reads within spec.

I'm talking down the opposition because their numbers aren't correct. Find me a 160 mapped car, and let me see it on a dyno in person and I will be quiet if it hits 160bhp. I've spoken to a few people who have put 160 mapped cars on different dynos and seem to get around 140-145bhp. Like I said, it is an improvement over stock, but more power can be had.

People on here are too complacent and just believe what certain people say to be the truth.
From one of the motoring programs I have seen, I don't think you could take a car off the street test it and state what the top BHP is, you would need to service it first. Although it was a petrol they were looking at, a test before and after a "service" gave different results.

macafee2
macafee2 is offline   Reply With Quote