View Single Post
Old 8th April 2021, 11:31   #6
Lancpudn
This is my second home

MG ZS EV

Thanked 3,427 Times in 2,565 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by clf View Post
I find it a bit harsh though, to have the hardware fitted but not being able to use it (I imagine the high beam assist is something to do with a photocell to switch off the full beam automatically, unless it piggy backs off another function like auto dip mirrors).

Reading some of the options (HERE, check out the 'IconicSports Sounds ) , it does seem to be similar to other devices - being able to download and self install map updates, or expanding countries for example. Some of these functions were available in my father's Renault Captur in 2014.

What would be concerning though would be some clever soul who will 'hack it' with an 'enable all' along with the ability to disable remote connection, which in turn will lead to safety issues - automatically calling for assistance in an accident LINKS.

Yes I can imagine some bright person will be able to hack the cars & sell the hack at a fraction of the price to activate all features, It would spread like wildfire as all these new 'trinity' cars will be networked & connected to one another & all street furniture/traffic lights etc.

I wonder how expensive an Apple BEV would be to turn on all the cars features? they're still toying with making a BEV,, I should imagine all the luxury car manufacturers will be losing sleep if they do,

Everything it seems is going software based, I read the huge Chinese Xiaomi smartphone company are to start making BEV's too

Blessed are the tea makers.
http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x3b...auto-2000_auto
Lancpudn is offline   Reply With Quote