View Single Post
Old 2nd December 2019, 23:36   #1
oswestryalex
Loves to post

Rover 75 1.8T connoisseur saloon 2003 in blue , MG ZT 190+ 2003

Smile To Switzerland and back

Well, on the back of getting my MG ZT 190+ back on the road and working, it needed a good shake out, and I had a job to do, rescuing the contents of a people carrier I had had to abandon near Basel. So, I set out on a 4 day round trip, across the Channel and using the non toll motorways to Luxembourg, and then on to southern Germany where I stayed for a couple of nights with an old friend. The MG ZT was brilliant. It never missed a beat, and I got nearly 35 mpg out of it - which, for a 2.5 V6 like this was pretty decent. My old Rover 75 with the 1.8 K series engine gave me around 40 mpg, so I was impressed. I made it to Basel, rescued the contents of the people carrier (which is due to be scrapped soon!) and then returned on the Sunday. That was a one stage return journey that took me around 15 hours in all, and apart from a burst front bulb in one of the dipped beams, all worked fine. And - all that driving, my back feels fine - the seats were really supportive, which is more than I can say for that people carrier when it did work... So, thumbs up for the MG ZT!
oswestryalex is offline   Reply With Quote