View Single Post
Old 28th December 2019, 14:48   #1
admiralalcatraz
Avid contributor

2000 Rover 75 Saloon 1.8 Club SE/ 2004 Rover 75 Contemporary T 1.8T / 2005/55 Rover 75 Classic T

Default Saving Private Puddles

First of all a big thank you to 2750hp for passing her on to me.

This will be a progress thread.

So where do I begin? She is a 2004 75 Contemporary T, bought new in 2006 by 2750hp and driven by his wife until late 2016 when the head gasket failed at 108,000 miles. At which point she was parked.

I went to collect her yesterday, I found her tucked away behind a farm, a runner, with a rather soggy interior. I have a friend with a recovery truck so he collected her and drop her at my garage.

So my plan is intially to sort the headgasket to make it a little more mobile (I haven't got alot of room to get around it in the lock up.) I need to clean out the Plenums -the reason the interior is so wet- then I can pull her into the yard and go through the brakes and suspension. Hopefully then it will be time for an MOT, I am hoping to have it on the road for POL 2020. I have another project I am getting through at the minute, so when that is done, there should be alot of progress relatively quickly. So watch this space

She has also now become affectionately known by the name 'Puddles'

Sent from my MAX 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited by admiralalcatraz; 29th December 2019 at 20:12..
admiralalcatraz is offline   Reply With Quote