View Single Post
Old 1st January 2020, 12:00   #7
admiralalcatraz
Avid contributor

2000 Rover 75 Saloon 1.8 Club SE/ 2004 Rover 75 Contemporary T 1.8T / 2005/55 Rover 75 Classic T

Just a quick little update, I have had a few free hours this morning before I had to get ready for work.

So my first plan was to replace the battery with a known good one I had from a previous car. I now do not have to jump start her every time she needs moving.

Since I had been down to visit her the offside rear tyre had gone completely flat, despite being 'new' it had perished quite a lot. So for now I have fitted the space saver from the boot. Whilst I was in the boot I noticed there seems to of been mouse activity.

The next job I moved to, was the Plenums. Having taken all the trim pieces off under the windscreen, I had a look down (I did take photo but the focus was all wrong) there was about 2-3 inches of water in the bottom. As luck would have it, my jack handle was just the right diameter, I pushed it through and drained about 3 litres of water, mud and leaves out. Luckily it wasn't deep enough to reach the bottom of the ECU. I then cleaned and flushed out the top drains too.

I notice on this later 75, there doesn't seem to be a top drain on the drivers side, just a blanking plug. My 2000 model does have a drain.

It also seems some sort of animal had been nesting in the bonnet insulation. I am guessing from the squirrel's foot in the scuttle panel, they are probably the culprit.

From a quick check over despite sitting for so long everything excluding the stereo seems to work.

The jacking points all seem solid also.

Next on my list is finding a way to get the water out of the footwells. Any ideas with this would be great, I have a carpet extractor but no power at the lockup....

Sent from my MAX 2 using Tapatalk

Last edited by admiralalcatraz; 1st January 2020 at 12:04..
admiralalcatraz is offline   Reply With Quote