View Single Post
Old 1st January 2020, 15:09   #10
admiralalcatraz
Avid contributor

2000 Rover 75 Saloon 1.8 Club SE/ 2004 Rover 75 Contemporary T 1.8T / 2005/55 Rover 75 Classic T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Telferstr View Post
Well done in saving Puddles and look forward to watching your progress over the coming months,
Just as an aside, I never took to the Facelift 75 and I think your picture of the two front ends speaks volumes, that the original front was spot on.
Having said that, the facelift certainly improved the MG version for some reason, which suited the ZT so much better than the 75.
Not to detract from your saving project though, and wish you all success with it.
Thank you, I personally prefer the look of the pre-face lift also. Although I can completely understand the reasons behind it. I think they were trying to pull the model away from the 'classic' luxury look (i.e Chrome, leather, wood etc). With an attempt to make it more in keeping with the other cars in the same/similar class.More of a clean look.

Although just from a glance over the car I can tell the quality doesn't seem to be as high as my other, the cracks a crevices seem to have alot less paint, if any. Also the paint doesn't look to be as thick on the body.
admiralalcatraz is offline   Reply With Quote