View Single Post
Old 25th May 2016, 13:59   #1
Loyboy
Regular poster

Rover 75 Tourer diesel

Default Rover 75 tourer diesel 2lt not starting

Hi all. Bought a lovely example of a Rover Tourer with the 2 ltr BMW engine. Been running smooth for a week. popped down local shops. On restart took a few turns to fire. Half a mile later it died while driving. Fortunately it re-started straight away and got me 500yrds home. I checked this great site for tips and deducted that running at quarter tank is bad so took a chance and drove the 2 miles to the garage. Filled up then would not start. Turned over fast so battery seemed ok.
Green Flag turned up and the guy checked in tank pump and said it might be that. sprayed quick start in to manifold and it fired, kept it going, running nice and smooth and took a chance to get me home. 500 yards later it died again.
Towed home. Checked in tank pump and sounds like its working when ignition switched on. Also sound from under bonnet pump. Battery charged and engine turning over quick. Fuel filter ordered. Starter solenoid terminals to check. Cam sensor? I checked the history and new in tank and under bonnet pumps were fitted last year. Plenums are dry. Did get EP come up on display after constant turning over of engine but disappeared after re-charging battery. Am I missing something.
Loyboy is offline   Reply With Quote