View Single Post
Old 26th November 2021, 20:15   #31
sworks
Been absent for a while…

Rover 75 Tourer, Classic mini Cooper S, Abarth 595 competizione, MG TF and a Hyundai Tucson PHEV

Thanked 1,686 Times in 1,040 Posts

The reality is that however much we like these cars as they get older it’s all about keeping them going to the best of our ability. The front drop links on my car lasted 14 years, the replacement 14 months.... There will be very few genuine parts out there other than the spurious limited use parts that will be old stock. However, I find that I don’t buy from local factors as that’s where the quality is poor in my opinion but I try and use Xpart, DMGRS and Rimmer brothers. Yes the XPart rear arms were found to be dubious quality but at the time I needed them they were the only supplier, Rimmer brothers postage can be high but so what if they have the stock? Not had an issue with DMGRS but as long as the parts are available with somebody and you get good service then happy days

'Marmite' Possibly one of the most famous 75 tourers produced! left the production line as the last of only Three Rover 75 tourers produced in Trophy Yellow. 48 hours later Longbridge closed. The last sold ordered 75 Tourer. Paid for by the Phoenix Four and handed over by John Towers to the Warwickshire Northampton Air ambulance service as a Rapid Response vehicle
sworks is offline   Reply With Quote