View Single Post
Old 26th November 2021, 23:52   #33
MSS
This is my second home

Rover 75CDT, Jaguar XF-S 3.0V6, V'xhall Omega V6 Estate, Twintop 1.8VVT, Astra Estate and Corsa 1.2

Quote:
Originally Posted by vitesse View Post
Ctek state on their website that their products are “are independently validated and verified” - do you think Xpart can state the same?

And does this marvel of Chinese engineering contain the original specification of thermostat? If not then I’m not at all interested and don’t consider it superior to the original OEM MGR item.

Regards

Forgive me, but I am at a loss as to what is your argument, or indeed why you are arguing at all. If you do not wish to purchase parts from X-part, don't do so, I dont believe Simon will care. If you are not interested in the lower temperature thermostat, winters could feel colder than otherwise for you but no one else will care. Just as no one cares that I have a preferred choice of parts suppliers based on my criteria.

If you prefer to buy DMGRS versions of X-Part supplied or directly supplied Chinese parts, do so. Again, no one is suggesting that you should do something different.

If you are unhappy about the parts supply situation for MGR cars, sell the car or if the situation causes you too much stress, do with it whatever you like if you feel this may help with de-stressing. Again, I doubt many others will really care although we will pretend out of kindness and camaraderie.

I for one am grateful to Simon for documenting his experience and letting the forum members know of a direct route to purchasing X-Part items. Just as I am grateful to tikey and others for sharing their experiences. It's as simple as that.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
............Some sources say that the balti was invented in Birmingham by the Pakistani community. I've heard similar said of chicken tikka masala. So when is an Indian dish "genuine" and is it even correct to call it Indian? I understand that our restaurants are actually Bangladeshi. Oh dear, I'm treading on thin ice here!

As Pete Towshend wrote: "The simple things you see are all complicated".

Simon
Yes Simon, the Pakistani's have a lot to answer for . There is no genuine Indian food of the Balti variety in India. Balti means bucket and in India people do not cook in buckets. It is a Midlands invention. Also, you are correct that most Indian restaurants in the UK are in fact run by people of Bangladeshi origin which is merely a statement of fact.

There are places one can buy geuine/OEM Indian food. There is even a restaurant in Southall that I visit when down in Hounslow which serves genuine/OEM Punjabi food. Being a Punjabi Sikh, I am rather impartial to Sarson Saag (not Aloo Saag) eaten with a Corn Flour roti.

I guess there is probably now going to be an argument about the originality of this combination, but I can say with confidence that the combination really is genuine to the Punjab region.

The knowledge people can gain from being on this forum!

Last edited by MSS; 26th November 2021 at 23:54..
MSS is offline   Reply With Quote