View Single Post
Old 27th November 2021, 14:48   #35
vitesse
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75 Saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
The example I bought (from X-Part agent BS Motors/E Car Parts) some years ago does, judging by my car's running temperature.

Mike, is everything ok? You seem to be angry about something.

Simon
Are you ok yourself Simon, very unlike you to give a non-specific answer to something you always deem as important, actual running temperature? And perhaps, yes, I get a little fed-up reading songs of praise about Xpart.

My recycled original thermostat is back on the road and performing as it should. But it does irritate me that I cannot buy, nor have the choice to buy, an original 88 deg thermostat as I have no wish to run a summer thermostat when the temperatures sink to around minus 30c.

Xpart have the specs and control a lot of production, but not even DMGRS can get any. Every seller on Ebay promotes these as Genuine/MGR but how can a product that is not made to original spec be considered genuine? At what point do we say “We’re not going to take it”?

As Sworks pointed out above, his original drop links lasted 14 years - back when the brand meant quality but now Xpart release stocks of presumably unchecked sub-standard parts and wait until someone like MarinaBrian discovers the truth, or others like poster cif find a product holed within a year.

You mentioned Ctek as a Swedish company with production in China, and I merely pointed out that Ctek keep a very tight rein on quality control, which is a necessity with outsourced production otherwise the reputation takes a quick dive.

You and I, have first hand experience actually fitting these parts and know better than some others how well these parts actually perform or fit. I recently told a local member about a cheap exhaust system from Poland and asked for feedback - “the garage didn’t say anything” was his reply. Useless feedback in my mind, I value the opinion of someone who actually does the job and can give an accurate description.

Finally, you mention “the simple things in life …” of course from Substitute, a song about something fake, non-original, very apt. I shall now bow out of this thread and if you don’t agree that’s fine, however I have lots of welding to do on my granddaughter’s Chevy S10 so have no time to bring “Eyesight to the Blind”.

Regards
vitesse is offline   Reply With Quote