View Single Post
Old 17th January 2017, 18:49   #5
EastPete
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 CDTi Classic saloon, MGB GT, Skoda Yeti

Quote:
Originally Posted by Heddy View Post
Cool, all the best with it. I thought you had the metal slave fitted already, as I have. I think mine has been in nearly 12 mths now without issue. The jury is still out whether the metal slave is best or not. I won't go back to plastic again whatever. They seemed to be ok originally but maybe corners have been cut with todays replacements. Anyways, the gearbox is well heavy so take it steady eh?
I have had a metal slave in there for about a year - I considered leaving it in and just changing the pressure/driven plate, but since the noise sounds release bearing related, I do not want to take any chances re-using the current slave, so I have ordered a new one. I do not think there is an issue with the slave itself - I think my issues may be down to the quality of the clutch kit that is currently in there (National), plus less than optimal fitting techniques used by previous mechanics that have worked on the clutch.

I have an engine crane that I will use to remove/refit the gearbox, so that should make life easier.

Cheers

Pete
EastPete is offline   Reply With Quote