Old 19th April 2017, 10:01   #6
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by NickDunning View Post
Thankyou

The car is my 50th birthday present to myself (I'd been looking for something like this for a long time) and will be here for the long term.

I am fairly apprehensive about the car at the moment as the chap who had it (for four years) appears to have not known what it was and has done little to it apart from add some spurious badges. It has 11 months MOT. First job (barring getting the spurious badges off it) will be a complete service including the belts.

First thing we expected to see when we went to see the car was the driver's side cupholder - and it doesn't have one .

Cheers
Nick
I have done quite a bit of research on the S reg 75's. During the early years of this club, there was a lot of interest and much was written about them. All those posts are in the club archives. The DEH group and what happened to each one is catalogued. Cup holders, the springs do wear out and can be replaced via the clubs wanted section or via a scrappy. Out of interest, will you be replacing the belts yourself?

ps the drivers side cup holder was not an original feature, hence the fake wood blank, however they can be sourced. I bought one from a left hand drive 75 which came from Portugal via club member Trimani RIP

Last edited by Gate Keeper; 19th April 2017 at 10:09..
Gate Keeper is offline   Reply With Quote