Thread: S392deh
View Single Post
Old 19th April 2017, 13:33   #7
NickDunning
Regular poster

2003 Rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gate Keeper View Post
I have done quite a bit of research on the S reg 75's. During the early years of this club, there was a lot of interest and much was written about them. All those posts are in the club archives. The DEH group and what happened to each one is catalogued. Cup holders, the springs do wear out and can be replaced via the clubs wanted section or via a scrappy. Out of interest, will you be replacing the belts yourself?

ps the drivers side cup holder was not an original feature, hence the fake wood blank, however they can be sourced. I bought one from a left hand drive 75 which came from Portugal via club member Trimani RIP
I have been combing the (excellent) archives on the forum. The DEH group appear to have been registered in the UK in 2001? - someone suggested this was as some early cars went to Japan and then were bought back and sold at heavy discount in the UK. The MOT records on mine seem to indicate it may not have been on the road anywhere before the UK registration as it only had 6k on the clock in 2006, so it may have just been at Rover.

When I get the V5 for the car I'll apply to DVLA for the history, which should show who registered it and whether it was technically an import in 2001 (or not!).

The cupholder saga is not as clear cut as I'd led myself to believe!

Cheers
Nick
NickDunning is offline   Reply With Quote