View Single Post
Old 16th September 2019, 21:19   #23
edwardmk
Gets stuck in

MG ZT 260, Rover 75 Connie SE auto

Question

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
Check your background illumination isn't remaining illuminated around the light switch after the car is locked

Brian
Thanks Brian for the tip. I can confirm no lights of any kind on the outside or inside.
I charged with a CTEK MXS-5.0 overnight. Charger voltage was 13.75v at 10pm. Current draw with everything off was always 1.35-1.4 amps. Final reading of the charger this morning at 0800 was 13.50v and when taken off the battery was at 13.04 volts which dropped quickly to 12.7v in two minutes. Current drain steady at 1.4a.
(Battery is fairly new Yusaka 80amp/hr with 720 cranking amps from Halfords ~ 1 year old with 5 yr guarantee ).
I drove the car from Camborne to Truro and back today (approx 20 miles)
I drove back in rain with wipers, heater, dipped lights and radio on and some use of electric windows.
On parking back home the battery voltage was 12.32v at 5 pm. Current draw still 1.4a . With the engine on tickover with dipped lights, wipers and radio, the alternator voltage was 14.28.
Just re-checked the current draw, and still 1.4 amps.
If I remove the 50amp fuse FL3 the current drain stops, so it's something off that fuse, but not any of the other fuses or relays linked to FL3 in the fuse box.
Sorry for the long description. Any ideas most welcome.
edwardmk is offline   Reply With Quote