View Single Post
Old 29th December 2021, 19:58   #20
Archerdog200

Mg ZT-T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Arctic View Post
The sunroof drains need to be sorted out, also the OP as a MGZT T estate, so to do the rear sunroof drains click the link below.

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...5&postcount=27

There are four front drains two on the inner wings, which only drain water down the inside of the front wheel arch liners, and should never let water into the car.

The two plenum drain tubes are passenger side under the ECU and in front of the pollen filter, which can let water into the car through the pollen filter housing.

The drivers side plenum filter which can not be seen is under the servo, and can only be rodded from under the car.

https://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/for...86#post2914186

Don't forget to do the scuttle panel clips also, and check the EWS as Andy stated, the ECU may have got wet already though.
Hi Steve Arctic. I have noticed today at the back of my car in the boot its slightly wet by the drivers side rear light cluster and in the side pocket that holds the sat nav system disc. Could this be a source for the leak in the rear foot well? I have done the plenum and mod for it. Taken the rear seat out and pulled the carpet up and bought a wet and dry hoover to dry out the rear passenger foot well. I had the sunroof drain checked by the garage and was rodded with welding wire I was told. Few months ago it was wet the same place but was due to in the garages opinion the sunroof was fully closed. Was advised how to get it closed by tapping the button to engage flat the roof. It seemed to work then had my car valeted and I think it's filled the rear floor somehow. Is it best to tip water on the sunroof and see if it fills once dry again or same try from the rear light cluster? Any more help much appreciated thanks
Archerdog200 is offline   Reply With Quote