View Single Post
Old 13th January 2019, 20:20   #5
The Mighty Quinn
Posted a thing or two

2004 mk1 Rover 75 1.8T Club SE saloon (auto)

Quote:
Originally Posted by mgzrjake View Post
Yes it has power seats fitted but they are the plastic ones are are damaged on the drivers side so I purchased full leather and alcantara seats for £50 and they are as new. So wanted to make them electric.
It's not that difficult to swap the entire foams over from your good manual seats to the electric frames that you've got - it's actually pretty straightforward. A few hours should do both front seats. Getting the seat backs off is the the main stumbling block but there are pics on the forum somewhere of the location of their clips etc.

The main problem you'll have is that your manual alcantara seat foams most likely won't have heated seat elements fitted. Installing these will be considerably more time consuming - although, I'd say heated elements aren't that necessary for alcantara seats..

If it's just the electric movement function you want, then I'd go with just swapping over the seat foams.

Edit: There are how-to's on the forum re changing over the seat foams and fitting heated elements etc. But, the seats come apart quite easily once you've got the seat backs off (there are 2 clips along each side and 2 at the top IIRC).

Cheers,
Karl.

Last edited by The Mighty Quinn; 13th January 2019 at 20:23..
The Mighty Quinn is offline   Reply With Quote