View Single Post
Old 20th February 2020, 22:25   #4
Olde faithful
Loves to post

ROVER 75 TOURER

Quote:
Originally Posted by marinabrian View Post
They are old, the newest ones are approaching 15 years now, they are not always necessarily loved or cherished, and can be tricky to source quality parts to maintain them, or otherwise.

Sometimes even when you have the equipment, tools and knowledge to repair them yourself, it does not always present itself as the best use of your time to do so.

A vehicle with an originally expected service life of six to eight years, they have done well to survive as long as they have, but they will become increasingly rarer sights on the road, as have many others that have gone before them.

I'm looking to replace my wife's car imminently, as it is rapidly becoming a maintenance liability, and I feel she deserves something a little nicer to drive as her daily.

My own ZT will be replaced shortly afterwards with something a little more practical as a workhorse, in all likelihood a VW Caddy van.

I'll hang onto one 75 as a sunny day and show car, but the days of running multiple R40 are for me, are soon to be behind me.

This comes from a diehard fan of the brand, and an enthusiast.

Brian
Yes Brian you are most likely right!! just the hard core or not far off now!! even the national autotrader a year ago was showing 100 plus R75 for sale now a little over 50 cars per week over GB, not many at all really.

I have two R75 cars left and a Rover 45/Rover streetwise and a MGTF, The fleet is rotated around, but one car stays on the road all year around R75 Tourer, that stays in constant use. Currently my R45/MGTF are mothballed and the R75/Rover streetwise and Jag XJ are in use.....

But aware like you MGR days are numbered, however R75 Tourer is for keeps...its like my own settee molded around me personally.
Sad days when no more Rover products are not seen.

I just cannot get my head around why Jaguar ( who own the Rover brand now) don't just knock out a new Rover 75 saloon.. im sure it would sell... questions questions
Olde faithful is offline   Reply With Quote