View Single Post
Old 27th January 2011, 19:42   #7
chrissyboy
This is my second home

lovely little ford focus.

Quote:
Originally Posted by calibrax View Post
... finally getting your car back!

Since my engine failure I've been running around in a hired Vauxhall Insignia. Petrol. Manual. Not much power. And not much fun!

But now.... 2 weeks, 2 days and 9 hours after my engine failure... I am finally reunited with my baby! The replacement engine is running beautifully, and at the correct temperature (87-88c) for the first time in over a year - I had the garage fit a brand new OEM thermostat, as it's a quick job with the engine out of the car. They also changed the auto gearbox fluid and it definitely changes gear much more smoothly now. New filters and fluids all round in fact... and even the air conditioning was re-gassed. I'm sure you can imagine that I'm grinning like a Cheshire Cat, so happy to be back in my MG.
A big thumbs up for Apple MG... as they had to fit my car in around the pre-booked work they had. I can't praise them highly enough - friendly, helpful service. The bill even came in below the estimate!
im glad you got it sorted and your now back behind the wheel and for less than first said bonus so what mod are you going to spend the money you saved on then