View Single Post
Old 11th May 2012, 22:12   #10
Jim Jamieson
This is my second home

Rover less !

I'm now back home and junior has come up trumps with the sand blasting as most of the parts are now ready. Unfortunately he couldn't do the sub frame as it was just too big for the cabinet, so today I have dropped it off at a local company I have used in the past but it's now under new ownership and the new guy says it will be the end of next week before it's ready. Pity as I could have dropped it off before the hols.

Meantime here are some shots of the repairs to the under trays on both cars which are both now ready to be re fitted.

This one shows the under tray from the diesel which had suffered some damage as shown circled, due to it bottoming out.

And this shows them after repairs were carried out using several layers of fibreglass matting. I then painted them with a plastic primer before giving them a finish gloss coat as in the following photo.

I even stripped the rust off the securing studs and nuts and dipped them in a yellow oxide primer several times before giving them a finish coat.

I should manage to get the sand blasted parts into paint this weekend and will start on the remaining parts using my air grinder to clean off the rust.

JYJ
Jim Jamieson is offline   Reply With Quote