View Single Post
Old 29th March 2022, 10:56   #8
stemorty
Avid contributor

75 saloon , Norton Atlas

Quote:
Originally Posted by SD1too View Post
Hello Stephen,

I've had a look in RAVE to see if I can shed some light on this condition.

The Master Locking Switch (the button on the centre console) centrally locks the doors but it does not Superlock them.

Using the key in the driver's door lock barrel, the car is first centrally locked then Superlocked if the key is turned a second time within one second of the first turn. Am I correct to say that you have been turning the key just once, therefore centrally locking your car?

The buttons on the key fob operate the Superlocking.

All four doors have two actuator motors: one for central locking and the other for superlocking.

Could you carry out some tests please Stephen? With the windows lowered, press the locking button on the key fob. Firstly, do you hear any mechanical sound at all? Next, reach into the car and pull the door internal release once only. Does the door open (indicating car still unlocked)? If not, pull the door release a second time, does the door open now (indicating car centrally locked)?

When you press either button on the key fob, does the tiny LED shine brightly?

Simon
Hi simon… windows down,nothing locking, no sounds mechanically, sometimes sat nav in boot makes a clicking racket and spits disc out, reached in car while locked from centre console, pulled handle, drivers door unlocks and rest locked, fob led works, Fobs dont lock car at all only open so as Big Russ thinks, motor in door possible culprit
stemorty is offline   Reply With Quote