View Single Post
Old 20th October 2010, 16:00   #102
HarryM1BYT
This is my second home

75 Contemporary SE Mk II 2004 Man. Sal. CDTi 135ps, FBH on red diesel, WinCE6 DD

Thanked 2,061 Times in 1,586 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by rossocorsa View Post
been pondering this one I'm no convinced that the position of the stat is correct the only bleed would seem to be from the heater circuit which will be closed in warm weather and I am not sure a hole in the stat is good enough perhaps someone more expert (Jules??) can study the diagram?
The heater matrix is in circuit and open to flow winter or summer, heating set for hot or cold. The temperature of the air is set by air mixing flaps on all cars these days. Only the really old cars had a manually controlled valve under the bonnet to turn the water flow on and off, except I had one Vauxall which had a rather odd system of cabin temperature sensing, mechanically (bulb and mercury filled pipe) feeding back to a flow control valve. I never could get that to work properly.

How To's and items I offer for free, or just to cover the cost of my expenses...

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/foru...40#post1764540

Fix a poor handbrake; DIY ABS diagnostic unit; Loan of the spanner needed to change the CDT belts; free OBD diagnostics +MAF; Correct Bosch MAF cheap; DVB-T install in an ex-hi-line system; DD install with a HK amp; FBH servicing.

I've taken a vow of poverty. To annoy me, send money.
HarryM1BYT is offline   Reply With Quote