Thread: Mot pass today
View Single Post
Old 4th November 2020, 18:42   #1
johnnyb44
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75

Default Mot pass today

Hi,
As the title states, my car has passed it's mot today with flying colours. It had one advisory on a tyre getting close to it's limits, but in all fairness i knew it was.
This year I've spent a fair bit of money on it getting it into good shape. Brake Callipers, brake lines, and new sills to name a few jobs that have been done.
Adding it all up I've probably spent nearly on what the cars worth. If i wasn't an enthusiast and looked at it purely financially, it would of been either scrapped or sold on to someone who would just run it into the ground. Its a great feeling though to see my old Rover looking fantastic and mechanically sorted amongst all the dreary looking modern cars gracing our streets. As it slowly progresses with age it feels more unique as time passes and feels like you have something that little bit different from the norm.
When i bought it some 10 years back i had so much stick from friends and work colleagues.
I had all the usual jokes about them being an old man's car, to being told it's going to self destruct within six months of ownership.
As for these jokers, I've witnessed them selling on there modern euro boxes after suffering endless problems with them for something of the same again, whilst my old Rover just aged gracefully. Over time the 75 had kind of entered into banger status. Most of them where starting to look abused and hanging on by a thread apart from the odd well looked after ones.
Regardless to its status, I continued to keep mine polished and well serviced, even when i was at an all time personal low in my life.
Today however i think the Zt/75 has moved along way from its rock bottom banger status, from not so long ago.
Most of these cars i see nowadays are well cared examples and really stand out. Random people will often come over to have a chat about my car and admire it.
I also think the retro styling has really aged well. Some car's as they age tend to look very odd and out of place with there styling but the 75 looks just as fresh today as it did when new.
I personally think these cars will become very sought after in the not so distant future.
There the last Rovers to roll off the production line and seem to look better and better as each year passes, against the modern day convoluted shaped cars you see nowadays.
So I'm glad I've decided to keep my car and spending a few bob getting it sorted, instead of selling it on and joining the sheep of owning a bland dull Euro box

Last edited by johnnyb44; 4th November 2020 at 18:46..
johnnyb44 is offline   Reply With Quote