Thread: Mot pass today
View Single Post
Old 4th November 2020, 19:59   #4
johnnyb44
I really should get out more.......

Rover 75

Car designs today are a strange one indeed. They all try so hard to make there cars strikingly different and unique, and to me it just makes them look all the same. I know i sound a little contradictory but even though they look different they all look the same somehow.
The 75/Zt however looks miles apart from the modern day stuff and looks refreshing amongst all the new stuff out there. People seem to be obsessed with carbon fibre and brushed steel affect trims in there interior and seats with hard unforgiving bases with bolsters that wedge you tight in the seat. The 75 though usually has thick comfortable seats with a walnut dash and an inviting warm glowing clocks..(hmmm that's more like it)
I've noticed there's also a lot of new interest in our cars by young drivers.
Traditionally youngsters are traditionally interested in hot hatches etc, but there does seem to be a strong following by them towards our cars.
There's a young lad at work who's got his eye on his grandparents 75.He's quite taken to wanting, it but his grandparents won't part with it.
I'm going to put my neck on the line by saying that I predict in 5 years time i think our cars will become a sought after vehicle to own