View Single Post
Old 8th December 2020, 09:13   #3
biffa75
Trader

Mk1 2004 tourer cdti + MK1 2003 Saloon CDT

Arrow

Hi Simon,

The thermostat and pipe aren't OEM rover mg items. I believe they could be circoli. As the bottom of the thermostat housing had two lugs that the original rover item didn't have.

One thing I need to is re-adjust those ratcheting clips. I was reading your p.m and thought.. Oop. Least I haven't started building stuff back up yet so I just need to back those clips off carefully and push them hard up against the water pump.and the other clip against the thermostat housing and tighten back up.

The elbow piece going I to the block was a real tight fit even with the seal removed. Got it to fit in the end but was real tight. The thermostat housing on the other hand wasn't quite as tight and even with the located bolt in place, could still be moved ever so slightly. But, I'm going to adjust those ratchet clips and hopefully that will add the rigidity I'm looking for. I've been told that this is how they are. (Never done this work on a kv6 so is all new to me).

I did break that T piece on the breather pipes that runs along the cam cover end but other than that.. was all good. I left the injectors in the alloy inlets and removed the inlets together as a complete unit.

Rob
biffa75 is offline   Reply With Quote