View Single Post
Old 30th April 2021, 22:01   #159413
FLYING BANANA
Moderator/Club Shop

MG ZT 1.8t+. No.3 of 4 in Sunspot Yellow & Ford Fiesta in Black.

Thanked 15,645 Times in 6,806 Posts
Cool

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPWC View Post
Evening gang, I have been visiting mum every day since her admission to hospital the second time. She remains in a contented state but is most certainly not compus mentus, she doesn't make conversation any more , just answers questions or replies to statements with that's interesting or good ; at one time she would talk to anyone about anything., she enjoys watching the tv but I doubt she will be taking in what's happening. I noticed tonight she said a couple of things that just didn't make any sense at all. I made a video call to the family so they could see her and she them which she enjoyed but she thought she was looking at a photograph. Go back to April 9th and she wasva very different person to rhe one she is now, very hard to take in
Rich, I have been there. My late wife was like this. Val used to say things that made no sense to me but Val would repeat it, then explain to me what she meant. Even the explanation made no sense, well not to me. One thing she used to say to me was, “Be careful as the steps to the hotel are wet”. Took me a long time to work that one out but eventually I understood. It meant she had wet herself.

Just go along with whatever your Mum says. I know it’s not the same but it makes life a bit easier for you and your Mum will think you are understanding her.

Life can be cruel at times, even worse in these uncertain days. Now you take care. Look after yourself. We’ll be having that beer along with Roger soon.

233,431. That’s our second meet done, no.3 next weekend.

onen hag oll
FLYING BANANA is offline   Reply With Quote