View Single Post
Old 10th February 2021, 04:48   #52
alanaslan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer Automatic conn, 75 Saloon Automatic Conn, The Monograme Spice Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardmk View Post
The ZTT 190 has randomly started a ticking from under the bonnet. I went out to investigate and my key fob didn't work so I can't raise up the hood. I knew the key fob battery was low, but the fob worked normally on Thursday night when I parked and locked. There was no apparent noise on Friday when I passed the car outside so it must have started entirely randomly late Friday afternoon. I've now changed the battery in the fob. Old cell was 2.9v and the new one 3.25. Red light is working but no response. I tried the key manually, but nothing engaged in the lock. The ticking has been going now for at least 12 hours. The rate is two ticks per second and can be clearly heard 20' away from the car. Any suggestions urgently invited please before the battery goes flat.

I have two guesses if by ticking you mean a constant running of a solenoid pump then it is most likely to be the ABS brake control valve pump situated just under the other possible Solenoid pump the under bonnet fuel pump both at the back of the battery box. is the tick coming from the N/S?
alanaslan is offline   Reply With Quote