View Single Post
Old 10th February 2021, 05:57   #54
alanaslan
Gets stuck in

75 Tourer Automatic conn, 75 Saloon Automatic Conn, The Monograme Spice Tourer

Quote:
Originally Posted by edwardmk View Post
Does anyone know if any of the thirteen pins is a direct connection to battery positive?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

The answer to that question is a tin of beans. or is it a can of worms. thirteen pin sockets are meant to be wired up through a magic relay box if the battery is very flat with a constant drain on it then the relay box will not make a direct to anything.
the pin con figuration on a 13 pin socket should be
1) left indicator 1.5mm yellow
2) fog light 1.5mm Blue
3) common return for contacts 1 to 8 2.5mm white
4) right indicator 1.5mm green
5) right hand side lights 1.5mm Brown
6) Brake Lights 1.5mm Red
7) left hand side lights 1.5mm Black
8) reversing light 1.5mm pink
9) continuous power supply 2.5mm orange
10) ignition switched power 2.5mm grey

11) earth contact for pin 10 2.5mm white and black
12) coding for coupled unit should be bridged to pin 3
13) common return for pin 9 2.5mm white and red

The above is the correct wiring for a 13 pin trailer socket with cable rating and colour coding. if the system is connected up through a digital relay pack which is battery fed so there is no direct line for any pin they only connect the socket to the relay power supply.
On my unit pin twelve is the rear camera feed and so is not linked to pin 3

in my car. the common returns are also negative feeds through the digital relay pack so again no direct feed to the vehicle earth it is a controlled pin through the digital relay pack. But the question is then who wired up the tow bar and is power coming through a relay pack or is it just scotch locked onto the light cluster wires direct with a live supply fed to pins 9 and 10.

Best of luck with charging the battery or getting into the car or under the bonnet. I still think your ticking will be the ABS control valve solenoid pump.
alanaslan is offline   Reply With Quote