Old 5th May 2021, 21:41   #20
COLVERT
This is my second home

R75 Saloon.

Thanked 2,167 Times in 1,816 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyN01 View Post
But isn't that the point?

You're paying a "professional" to do a professional job. You shouldn't need to say anything about what to do/use/consider etc.

What happens if you have no knowledge or understanding of the "intricacies" of what they are doing or, more importantly, are supposed to be doing - such as wrapping felt around heating pipes?

That's their job - it's their profession - That's (partly) why you're paying them lots of £££'s to do the job.

How many professional mechanics know the true attention to detail required to change the belts on a V6 and for them to be perfect until the next change is due?
If you assume that everybody doing a job for you will do it perfectly you will always be disappointed.--Professional or not, if it's not being done to your requirements then that's the time to speak up and not complain afterwards when it's too late.

I ran building sites for many years and one of my jobs was quality control.

I found there was a need to carefully control all types of tradesmen nearly all of the time.

Thinking' I've paid good money for a job' is a recipe for disaster for a very large number of so-called tradesmen if you think their work will be perfect.---
COLVERT is offline   Reply With Quote