View Single Post
Old 20th November 2021, 10:32   #23
Arctic
Give to Learn

Freelander 2

Thanked 6,407 Times in 3,874 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lincoln Green View Post
Hi Ian. I don't think I'm knowledgeable enough about the Club to give specifics, I would be prepared to leave that to those better placed.
Quote:
I was really just pointing out the incredible and vast amount of expert advice and solutions available at such a small price. I know that helping each other out is what the Club is about and there are numerous examples in many threads. I've been really impressed by the amount of parts you've supplied f.o.c from your donor car. But I digress. I wouldn't mind paying a bit more.
Hi Pete.
Personally i think £10 to pay if you want to is enough, because any information you gain from these threads or posts on here you can also get from other places for free, and remember added by members not the club it's self.

So it's the members that make the club, not the club that make the members, quite a lot of members whom do not subscribe add a lot of great knowledge to the threads as well as those who subscribe.

The subs are a personal choice and that is the way it should be, where the subs go as been talked about for ever and 99.9% of the time ends up with members arguing with each other, or members getting banned.

What i will say if the price was to rise i would not subscribe, i also post all my photos and threads on other forums which are free, so as above all the knowledge is out there.

As you may know we hold Nano meets which are free to attend, also free to join the forum, there is a donation box which is hung up ever meet, to which you are free to donate, if not then not a problem, the money is always put back into the meets either buy purchasing tents, or sometimes to pay for venues which would want payment, tools that would help all at the meet, petrol to the generator and so on, but it must benefit those that attend not individuals.

ad altiora tendo.

Check out our Nano meet dates
http://www.midlandsnanomeets.co.uk/

http://www.the75andztclub.co.uk/index.php?thepage=howto

" You do the work , we supply the expertise "
Arctic is offline   Reply With Quote