View Single Post
Old 24th February 2022, 20:04   #8
goltho
Can't help myself

Rover 75 CDTi 2005

Quote:
Originally Posted by TourerSteve View Post
The bang you describe will probably the the suspension travel been stopped by the shock absorbers as they will be near the extent of travel
So that would be what I've guessed at above i.e. aid spring/bump stop?

Quote:
Has the car got /had a tow bar on and if so has a previous owner fitted different springs or even blocks to stiffen the rear suspension ?
Yes to the towbar, don't know to the blocks. Having had to recently troubleshoot some wiring issues with it, I'd say it was fitted not long after the car was built (not factory wiring). Where would the blocks go if they had been fitted?

Quote:
Just had a measure of my Suspension heights from wheel centre to wing Mine measure about 390mm at the rear and 400mm at the front
Mine are 420mm rear and 389mm front. I also checked the ground clearance from the centre of the undertray: 3.5 in./90mm contrasting with the factory 6.1 in./155 mm! (Thanks Suzulu for the diagram.)

Quote:
Originally Posted by trikey View Post
That rear end is way too high!!
It looks like its affecting the rear wheel camber to me (A la Triumph Herald)
I had all the tracking checked in January and wasn't too bad (but corrected obviously). The camber's always appeared to be in order.

So:
• ground clearance is 2.6 in./65mm too low (short/soft new front springs?)
• rear wing-to-wheel centres are 30mm higher than TourerSteves (blocks/longer or heavy duty springs?)
• front wing-to-wheel centres are 11mm lower than TourerSteves (short/soft new front springs?)

Dougie.
• Built 08/02/2005 @14:57 hrs: Registered 26/08/2005
• 122nd of 141 built that day
• British Racing Green Pearlescent (HFF)
• Sandstone leather with black piping (SPJ)
• 137,000 miles

Last edited by goltho; 26th February 2022 at 15:34..
goltho is offline   Reply With Quote