View Single Post
Old 23rd June 2009, 08:07   #3
Platemaker
I really should get out more.......

MG ZT-T 160, MG ZT 180.

I agree with Ken and the only thing there achieving on that thread is pointing out what a terrible mistake he made, I'm sure hes well aware.
Still, if he gets a bank loan in a year or so and pays off the finance on a settlement figure he may not come out too bad and probably be wiser for his mistakes.

A friend did this a few years ago and whilst he was not 19 he had suffered some adverse credit and had convinced himself he needed a "new" car, off he went to Welcome finance....
Once they had decided how much he could borrow the very pretty young lady by all accounts, asked him a few questions about the type of cars he liked, like a lamb to the slaughter or a visit to a fortune teller he told her that he did not under any circumstances like Mondeos but was quite keen on Vectras ( theres no accounting for taste and by this time she was probably rubbing her hands).
So, after he was left to drink "free" coffee for half an hour they announced that they had got together a selection of cars for him to view.
There were only four of them and surprisingly two of them were Mondeos!
The other two were Vectras but..."I'm terribly sorry sir only one of them has been prepped, I hope you don't mind".
Now, the unprepped Vectra was a low mileage ,CDX spec and probably not a bad car it was just dirty. (Can you see whats happening here?)The price was at the limit of his allocation as well.

The final Vectra was spotless but higher mileage and much lower spec with a 1.8 engine instead of the CDX diesel, but it fell a considerable amount below his figures.

Which car did he buy?...

The one he was destined to buy the minute he opened his mouth and the one they wanted to get rid of.

He escaped a couple of years later when his credit improved but swore blind he would NEVER buy a car on any kind of finance again.
He now drives a 75 as it happens and I sold it to him! Nice Moonstone Diesel, I won't say anymore just in case he does join at some point!

Platemaker is offline   Reply With Quote