View Single Post
Old 24th January 2022, 09:01   #1
Oldmowgli

2002 Rover 75 Tourer KV6, Moonstone Green

Smile Help identifying wires on connector C0921

Hi all,
I am new to this forum having recently bought a Moonstone Green Rover 75 Tourer, with KV6 2.5L engine, which has the original Symphony Radio / Casette (non sat nav) and the glovebox mounted CD changer fitted.

I am about to replace the head unit with a Pioneer DD unit, retaining the CD changer, along with the steering Wheel controls.
I have read many of the posts on this topic, and have gleaned a lot of helpful information, so thanks to you all.

But....I have searched and searched to find out what a couple of specific wires are connecting to and drawn a blank - so hope someone can enlighten me !!

On rear of the Symphony head unit there are three physically linked together female connectors:
C0983 (the Blue connector) has 7 wires serving the CD Autochanger unit - No problem with those.
C0922 (the Green Connector) is not wired, so again - No problem.

The confusion is with C0921 (the Yellow Connector) This has 3 wires - in pins 2, 3 and 6.

Pin 2 is a Purple / Pink wire which I believe to be a permanent live feed.

Pin 3 is an Orange / Grey wire - I do not know what this is serving at all.

Pin 6 is an Orange / Green wire - I am unsure what this is for too, but I have at least found a couple of other Orange / Green wires referenced in the Haynes Manual wiring diagrams. Those wires both appear to be supplied from fuse F4 in the Passenger Fusebox, and run to the Mirror Control Switch, and RH front window switch, so I also believe this wire on Pin 6 may also be a second fused permanent live feed.

Are my assumptions correct ?, if so, what is connected to pin #3 ?

and as a follow on question...where can I find the detailed line wiring diagrams that have been linked as PDF's in various posts ?

Frustratingly, the MG Rover Workshop Manual that arrived today, does not seem to contain any wiring diagrams at all, and even the PDF'd line wiring diagrams don't seem to show this connector / wires either.

I am sure someone will know....

Thanks,
Oldmowgli
Brisbane, 4163 Queensland.
Oldmowgli is offline   Reply With Quote