Thread: Our 1st Cruise.
View Single Post
Old 10th October 2019, 11:48   #8
stocktake
Vis Whiz

Rover 75 2.5 auto Saloon

Thanked 3,056 Times in 1,621 Posts

Interesting, we have been threatening to go on a cruise for a few year and felt ready to take the plunge just for 7 to 10 days as an extra holiday around April 2020. We were advised to sail from uk so the wife can pack enough dresses and also take a couple of boxes of wine on board.

Having seen some of the cruise details and video's taken by passengers I have to say i was less than impressed with the balcony cabins, we have frequently had weekends away in Amsterdam and used P&O from Hull, with the exception of the balcony the cabins seem very similar to the best grade cabins on the ferry, which were just adequate, also the shopping areas seems very similar.

The pools seem crowded as do the decks and the pictures of the water in the pools overflowing due to sea swell seemed to be a common occurrence.

We usually hire a private villa with pool etc and hire a car and go exploring. Alternatively as a second break we may have a week as a package holiday in a hotel and again come and go as we please even if we are A.I.

Cruises seem to be A.I. but you are only allowed to leave the hotel on certain days.

Still undecided...

Lost a few stones and a Gall Bladder and part of a bile duct and all of my dignity in the suppository incident
stocktake is offline   Reply With Quote