View Single Post
Old 20th February 2020, 19:36   #1
andrewl

Rover 75 Saloon

Default Very extreme rear tyre wear

Hi

I recently acquired a zt-t that he been off the road for several years. I gave it a full service and changed the tyres, discs and pads and it went through the MOT OK. However I noticed whilst driving the back end felt a bit skittish when going over manholes /bumps etc. I thought maybe the brakes binding or something like that but no. I went over some mud in road and it felt very unstable at the back even at slow speeds. Something I’ve never felt in any other car. So I know something is not quite right! I took it back to the garage and got the 4 wheels aligned. But they said they were only able to adjust the fronts. I can’t quite remember why they couldn’t do the back but they said it couldn’t be done. Fast forward a couple of months and about 1000 miles and both rear tyres are very close the legal limit on the outer edges. Inside edges are a bit better but still worn a lot. Front tyres are still like new. I’ve attached the two print outs from the alignment.

Any thoughts? I searched and saw a common issue is the bearing not being seated correctly. Would this still be an issue after the alignment. Can the rear toe be adjusted?

Thanks

andrewl is offline   Reply With Quote