View Single Post
Old 9th March 2021, 20:36   #34
roverbeast75
Avid contributor

rover 75

Quote:
Originally Posted by slovcan View Post
Hi folks,

I bought a sensor from Rimmer Bros (cheaper one) about a year and a half ago for my front left. It was a complete failure - so much so that I put the original back in to make the car drivable again. The original - or the one that was there when I bought the car - had been failing intermittently for a year. It got to the point it would fail on the first startup of the day, but then be perfect the rest of the day. When it was failed the cruise control wouldn't work. When it was functioning, so did the cruise control. The hub was cleaned as well during replacement. Now it is at the point it has failed and will not come back online at all.

So, which is the sensor to buy that is sure to work and is never DOA out of the package? I want to buy from Matt (DMGRS) as Rimmer return policy is only suitable for UK residents, really.

Was it the left rear like TOAF said?

Thank you,
Glenn
Yes, it was the rear left side.

I ordered my parts from autodoc. I don’t live in the UK and ordering things has become a bit more expensive due to brexit probably.

The sensor was from Delphi and the bearing from Stark automotive. So far it’s good.

The car has also gotten new control arms, inner/outer tie rods, rear springs , also from autodoc, so far it’s good quality

Goodluck
roverbeast75 is offline   Reply With Quote