Thread: duff radio??
View Single Post
Old 27th August 2021, 16:46   #5
euro44
Avid contributor

mg zt-t 226th made from total of 396

its hard to work out exactly what is doing what on this motor. when i investigated the water leak I found the sharks fin not connected to anything, but a magnetic job had been routed through the fin !!!!! the sat nav cd player and rear camera all worked fine. the radio however struggled to pick up anything much. I removed the magnetic job as it was badly rusted and causing water to creep under the fin. the car has been dry as a bone since thankfully However I dont fancy pulling the headlining down as its rather brittle round the edges , but there are aerial wires going in all directions, creeping from front to back under door seals, running across the roof above the headlining etc, and if I connect any of them up to the head unit everything works except the radio ,lol. my hand book says the drivers side rear window is lined for the radio and the passengers for the tv. ( not fitted ) I really dont mind not having a radio as my cd collections good but I dont like stuff not working as it should.
euro44 is offline   Reply With Quote