View Single Post
Old 12th January 2018, 08:12   #8
wutang
Posted a thing or two

Rover 75 2.5 auto (LPG) & mg tf 160

Hi Mgaz,

I posted a load of info on this a number of years ago, all from my personal experience on my 75 V6 auto. I tried duff rattley manifold, striped out manifold with nothing in it and a brand new manifold with new vis motors.

The stripped manifold did provide a boost in power at foot down high end of the rev range BUT for my daily commute in to London the lower end of the spectrum lost torque and driveability and it had a negative affect on fuel to. I think on issue is that people who strip out the internals tend to be comparing to an already duff manifold.

My preference was by far for the fully working manifold although at £480 it was painful!

I also did a full test of with and without oil catch tanks, on mine the manifold I fitted at new after testing is still going at 200K without catch tanks, the original was changed at at around 30k ish (10k after I got the car.) when I fitted full twin catch tanks, this manifold was dead in 40k miles ( this is when the testing and playing was done as I was reluctant to pay for another manifold after just 2.5 years.) eventualy I put the new manifold on and removed catch tanks and all has been well since.

Car Lives with my dad now.

Regards

Richard
wutang is offline   Reply With Quote