View Single Post
Old 13th January 2020, 12:50   #9
Yannage
Regular poster

Rover 75 saloon

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gunnerhavesome View Post
Welcome to the forum, I don't want to get off on the wrong foot but are you sure this is the75 for you?
When I bought my 75 5 years ago from a dealer, I paid a lot less that what you are going to outlay for a 20 ltr Con SE 1 owner with 70000mls and full service history and immaculate with none of the issues you are going to take on. These are a great motor and you will enjoy driving it. I am just about to take mine to the south of France again for the 4th time.

If you want a 75 I would maybe just look a little bit more before parting with that much. I am sure other members will come on this but this is just my opinion. Why buy with issues and mould??

Hope this helps.
you make some fair points. The reality is that I am absolutely desperate for a car given the state of first buses, having moved from near the centre of Leeds to the outskirts. Having looked around for my budget, I simply fell in love with this car. As you say, there are issues, but I'm willing to put in some work and hopefully get those resolved! If it goes disastrously wrong then I'm not going to be too upset at that price.
Yannage is offline   Reply With Quote