View Single Post
Old 18th November 2020, 09:53   #9
torque2me
Posted a thing or two

MG ZT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alex D View Post
Was nearly involved (sort of) in a head on crash on the way home from college this afternoon.

I was slowing down to turn left off a main road and onto the road to the village where I live. A van was waiting to turn right at the junction. He sees me slowing and indicating so pulls out. wagon driver behind me decides to overtake instead of slowing down behind me and nearly goes ploughing into the van. ABS on the truck going like the clappers. How he didn't see the van pulling out I cannot fathom.

The standard of driving these days is shocking. Especially from a 'professional' driver.
First off, the van driver should not pull out until you had completed your turn and the HGV had gone past. If the road was then clear at that point then the van driver can start his next move.

The HGV should keep a longer distance but often the load dictates the amount. For instance, 38 tonnes of steel piping/bars on the back of a flatbed will, on heavy braking, travel through the cab. One would have to strap the load down correctly. Of course this does not apply on gently braking.

So, two bits of poor driving driving!

Kev
torque2me is offline   Reply With Quote