View Single Post
Old 21st November 2020, 18:11   #12
Avulon
This is my second home

1.8t Tourer

Thanked 1,148 Times in 916 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by GJ53 DGO View Post
Or alternatively could be thinking 'as I am on the main road it is my right of way therefor the van pulling out from the side road ought to stay where he is' While there will always be the proverbial 'bad egg' in any industry, I feel that the roads would be a lot safer if upon passing a car test every driver was made to take a lesson in a loaded truck to see the issues we HGV drivers have and hopefully in the majority of cases it would open car drivers eyes to the issues we face daily on the roads.
#

Well if that's what he's thinking then he's not entirely correct. He's overtaking immediately before a junction. There's a vehicle waiting to emerge from the junction and the vehicle in front of him is indicating to turn left and slowing down. What does he think will happen? If he's supposed to be a 'professional' or at least experienced driver there is no way he'd contemplate the risk of overtaking in such a dangerous spot. I'm not sure if that's what you meant when you mention 'bad egg' .
Most car drivers would benefit from both large vehicle driving and motorcycle experience.

Quote:
Originally Posted by AndyN01 View Post
Can I add go onto 2 wheels, both bicycle and motorbike........

Absolutely.

Where?:
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tanelorn
Mods/Retrofits:

PCV vortex 'filter'; bluetooth; inline thermostat; reversing sensors; plenum spyhole ; headlamp washers ; Diy mp3 player replacing CD multichanger; FBH with remote; Headlamp washers; black/chrome front grille, rear blind; Xenon projectors
To do:
puddle lights; 2 Din cd/nav to fit; boot release button
Avulon is offline   Reply With Quote