View Single Post
Old 16th November 2019, 07:12   #10
Gate Keeper
This is my second home

4X4

Thanked 7,017 Times in 4,160 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by solarsailor View Post
After an incident my son had a few days ago I'm considering getting him a dash cam for his birthday next month. I don't want to spend a fortune so I've been looking around on ebay and there are lots available in the £20 - £30 range which look suitable, this being one example:

I'd be grateful if any members who have bought something similar could share opinions and/or make recommendations on any particular make and model based on their experiences.

Cheers

Andrew
I looked at the deal you linked and it offers the camera in gold or black. Go for a black version to reduce reflections from the camera, a minor consideration. I bought a cheap dash cam with image stability called a C11 for £25 for the Rover 75 in the UK, it is fairly basic but works every time.

For Kenya, I wanted a front and rear camera which could cope with the high temperatures in the bush of 40+C and bought a camera front and rear with a super capacitor instead of using a Lithium battery. I wanted image stability because of having to drive on bad roads and off-roading in my 4x4, a choice of full HD or higher resolution, WiFi, GPS, storage up to 128GB, etc, I had to pay more than £25, but I am happy. I joined a dash cam forum called dash cam talk https://dashcamtalk.com and found them to be helpful
Gate Keeper is online now   Reply With Quote