View Single Post
Old 17th July 2019, 15:03   #7
Olde faithful
Loves to post

ROVER 75 TOURER

Quote:
Originally Posted by roverbarmy View Post
I'm also a fan of the Grace, Space and Pace Jags. I had a 3.8 S type and a 4.2 XJ6. Electric and no grunt ?????? These new leccy motors can really fly with very little noise. Sounds perfect for a luxury car. I'd be happy to test drive one for the forseeable future. Come on JLR, give me one! ............... and I mean that in the best possible way!
Trouble is you DON'T own the Batteries a third party do, Not Jag either!!
all this rubbish about air pollution , heres a few points

its takes 10 barrels oil to make a combustion engine cars, to make a battery car 25 barrels of oil, so more oil up front for materials, then

the power stations are currently running at 96% in Great Britain, if we all go to battery cars the national grid will shut down at 17:05 when we all get home from work . The grid cannot take it and more coal/wind, hydro is being shoved in to push out the Giga watts to the houses. * FROM THE TAIL PIPE TO THE COOLING TOWERS INSTEAD*

These are things the GB government is NOT telling us about. THE end of life CARS ALSO not in here when the cars ARE scrapped in years to come, battery cars are more environmentally worse than the good old combustion engine and will cost YOU to scrap it .

Battery cars will also add to the depletion of oils of plastics, so all things made of plastic will increase household costs, as the great oil fields like Ghawhar ( SAUDI ARABIA) deplete year after year , currently from 9 million barrels a day to just 4.5 million barrels of oil now from 1948 to 2019.

This depletion is NOT being replaced by new technology or new oil fields, Ghawhar field is currently pumping in millions of gallons of water per day to keep the oil pressure up, Battery cars are NOT the answer its a front only.

JAGUAR do not do it keep making beautiful cars with another means... be a class leader , not crowd follower.
Olde faithful is offline   Reply With Quote